How to Apply
We recommend applying your Color Crush Nail Polish Strips at night before bed. They need time to cure on your nails and you cannot immerse then in water for 6 to 8 hours. Therefore, they can set while you are sleeping.
I1. Push cuticles back. We recommend using Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Remover, which we sell on our site.
Your nails have an invisible cuticle layer, removing the cuticle properly will allow the wraps to adhere to your nail better. Watch this video for a demo
2. Wash hands and clean nails with alcohol wipe.
3. Pull off the clear plastic covering from the wraps.
4. Hold the nail strip over your fingernail and make sure it is the proper size. The strip should be slightly smaller than your nail. This is very important, and the leading reason for nail strips not adhering properly.
*It should be slightly smaller than your nail. You don’t want it to sit on your skin because it will lift if on skin. If it is too big, go down a size. If needed you can trim it with a cuticle scissors. You can purchase a Pair of Cuticle Scissors from us by buying our "Everything You Need" Starter Tool & Template Kit.
5. Separate the strip you selected from the midline of the attachment where the 2 sets of strips attach. (See application video).
6. Peel off the white backing of the strip you are using. If you are using Olivia Deluxe wraps, they are a little tricky to start peeling, so start in the upper corner closest to the midline, and make a firm "v" shaped crease backward toward the backing. Then, bend it forward and wiggle it slightly. You may want to use tweezers or your finger nail to separate the folded portion of the backing from the wrap. (Folding the corner will not damage the wrap). Check Out this YouTube Video for a visual on How to Remove the Olivia Deluxe Backing.
7. Place the strip on your nail, if you need to reposition it, pull it up slowly. Please see our Application Video You will get the hang of it quickly. Make sure to leave a small gap between your cuticle and the wrap, and do not get the wrap on your skin. If the positioned wrap touches your skin or cuticle at all, it will lift. So, take care to position the wrap carefully. It is best to use clean fingers to position the wrap.
8. Once the position is good, press the strip onto your nail by rubbing first down the middle of your nail, cuticle to tip, then run down one side of your nail then down the other side and repeat as needed. We demonstrate this in the YouTube application video for you. You may have little bumps that need to be rubbed out. Use the heat of your hand to rub them out. At the tip of the nail, stretch the strip a little bit and pull it down to avoid wrinkles, as shown the video. Make sure to rub the wrap well, the heat from your hand activates the adhesive.
9. File off the excess strip at a 45 degree angle, downward only.
10. Pull off the excess strip & clean up the tip of the nail with your file.
11. Top with clear nail polish top coat. Using the wrong top coat can damage your wraps or cause shrinkage.
We recommend CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat (Available in our Tools and Templates Section.
How to Properly Apply Color Crush Real Nail Polish Strips
Here is the video mentioned above! This is how anyone who wants perfect nails can apply Color Crush real nail polish strips without bumps, wrinkles, bubbles, or lifting! This also shows how to keep them on until YOU remove them!
-DO NOT SUBMERGE IN WATER FOR 6 to 8 HOURS- so adhesive can set (apply before bed)
If you live in a cold climate and you are applying the strips immediately after you receive them, or if your home is cold/the strips have been kept in a cold area, please note: The strips are real nail polish and may be a bit firm when cold. They should easily stretch and not snap! So, if one snaps, or they are hard to work with, put a hair dryer on low heat and hit the strips with the air for ONLY A FEW SECONDS! (Too long will melt them! Too little is better than too much!) This will soften them up a bit so they are more pliable.
-Keep the remaining portion of your strips fresh by sealing them in the bag that they came in by using either a hair straightener, a lighter, or a bag sealer. This keeps air from drying out the remaining strips. You can purchase a Mini Bag Sealer from us by buying our "Everything You Need" Starter Tool & Template Kit.
-For Most Wraps- longer nails can only get one strip to fit one nail but shorter nails to get one strip to fit 2 nails. For Standard size wraps you need to trim the tab part off of the one side with a cuticle scissors. (It isn’t perforated). It is very easy, you just follow the silver line. Please refer to our YouTube Video. The Premium and Olivia Deluxe wraps are perforated.
-You can layer wraps for a fun look! We suggest layering with our fun holographic overlays or sparkle overlays!
Color Crush Real Nail Polish Strips™ are for external use only
There are 2 methods of removal:
•Soak in a little bit of nail polish remover for a minute and then use a cuticle stick to break the seal at the cuticle and peal them off. Do not peel off without using nail polish remover it can damage the nails.
•Soak a little bit of nail polish remover for about 1 minute and rub off like nail polish.